Learning about some new features coming in Ecto 3.5 from Mike Binns. Mike explains Ecto.Enum, what a ParameterizedType is, the new "redact" option on fields and much more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/11
Elixir Community News
- http://blog.erlang.org/the-new-scalable-ets-ordered_set/ – Improvements in OTP 22 explained in more detail.
- https://elixir-lang.org/blog/categories.html#Cases – 2nd case study published on ElixirLang website features Nerves and farm.bot
- https://hex.pm/packages/site_encrypt – site_encrypt implements the Let’s Encrypt protocol for your Phoenix applications
- https://github.com/elixir-ecto/ecto/pull/3370 – ParameterizedType & Ecto.Enum
- https://github.com/elixir-ecto/ecto/pull/3385 – “redact” support
- https://github.com/elixir-ecto/ecto/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md – Ecto changelog showing 3.5 release changes
- Mike’s tips on contributing to an open source project
- https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hunter2 – Understanding the “hunter2” reference
- https://github.com/TheFirstAvenger/kinext – XBOX 360 Kinect with LiveView integration - what will you do with it?
- https://twitter.com/1stAvenger – on Twitter
- https://github.com/thefirstavenger/ – on Github
- https://dockyard.com/blog/authors/mike-binns – Mike's blog posts
Find us online