We talk with Marcin Lewandowski about Membrane Framework. We learn what it is, the project's goals, how people are using it and how it can solve the speed-to-market problem when streaming multimedia. We cover WebRTC, radio, industry challenges, why you want to deploy it to your own infrastructure, why startups fail and much more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/43
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1377354990969233411 – Jose Valim said they are planning two big announcements related to Nx this April. One is Livebook
- https://elixir-lang.org/blog/2021/04/02/marketing-and-sales-intelligence-with-elixir-at-pepsico/ – Elixir PepsiCo case study
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/releases/tag/v1.12.0-rc.0 – Elixir 1.12-rc.0
- https://twitter.com/wojtekmach/status/1377558916746334210 – Wojtek Mach is working on a new HTTP library based on the Finch library.
- https://leanpub.com/create-a-cryptocurrency-trading-bot-in-elixir – A "pay what you want" Elixir book called "Create a cryptocurrency trading bot in Elixir" by Kamil Skowron
- https://hexdocs.pm/oban/changelog.html – Oban had a big release. v2.6 landed with a number of changes.
- https://github.com/nerves-project/nerves_system_br/releases/tag/v1.15.0 – Nerves Buildroot version released v1.15
- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peerstritzinger/grisp-2 – Peer Stritzinger has the GRiSP 2 board up for preorder with Nerves support
- https://twitter.com/thibaut_barrere/status/1376897017545420805 – The asdf will install Erlang from precompiled binaries (much faster) instead of source on Mac
- https://www.membraneframework.org/ – MembraneFramework
- https://binarynoggin.com/blog/membrane-phoenix-nerves/ – Connor Rigby's article about Membrane with Nerves
- https://swmansion.com/ – Software Mansion website
- https://discord.gg/nwnfVSY – Membrane Discord community
- https://twitter.com/ElixirMembrane – Membrane on Twitter
- https://twitter.com/mspanc – on Twitter
- https://github.com/mspanc – on Github
Find us online