We talk with Niklas Begley about his Doctave service and the problems it's solving. From there we cover why they use Rust for a key piece of the service and how Elixir fits in. We cover tools like Rustler for integrating Elixir and Rust smoothly. We talk about business drivers, Nik's experience building a SaaS product using Elixir and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/68
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/hauleth/mix_unused – Compile errors formatted to be machine readable to make it viewable directly in GitHub Code Scanning or GitLab Code Quality
- https://github.com/almightycouch/gitgud – GitHub-like self hosted project written in Elixir
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/pull/4471#issuecomment-931828623 – Phoenix 1.6.0 made an auth change with a bigger impact than was initially expected.
- https://www.tokens24.com/cryptopedia/mining/asic-mining-hashing-algorithm – ASIC hashing
- https://www.password-hashing.net/argon2-specs.pdf – Argon2 is a 'Memory Hard' hashing algorithm
- https://pragmaticstudio.com/tutorials/adding-tailwind-css-to-phoenix – Pragmatic Studio (Mike Clark) updated their guide on adding TailwindCSS for Phoenix 1.6
- https://twitter.com/louispilfold/status/1444664945396879361 – Gleam gets its own package manager
- https://twitter.com/NiklasBegley – on Twitter
- https://github.com/begleynk/ – on Github
- https://www.doctave.com – Doctave website
Find us online