We talk with Chris Bell, host of the Elixir Talk podcast and EMPEX conference organizer. Chris tells us about a new EMPEX chapter in the US Western states. EMPEX MTN will be in Salt Lake City, Utah. Chris started a new company called Knock using Elixir. We hear what problems it helps solve and more about his startup journey. A fun discussion with some tech insights, architecture overviews, and more on the rollercoaster of starting your own thing!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/77
Elixir Community News
- https://www.twitch.tv/josevalim – José Valim started the Advent of Code live streams on Twitch
- https://github.com/josevalim/aoc/tree/main/2021 – Livebook solution source code
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNP8vc86_-SOV1ZEvX_q9BLYWL586zWnF – Playlist of edited live streams that are shorter to watch with chapter breaks
- https://twitter.com/_uwu_cocoa/status/1467078512293130243 – Computer vision in Livebook using OpenCV
- https://github.com/cocoa-xu/evision – evision pulls OpenCV source code from GitHub, parse and automatically generates corresponding OpenCV-Elixir bindings.
- https://twitter.com/_uwu_cocoa/status/1466675653072371717 – The extra steps were taken to make a reduced set of OpenCV functionality work on Nerves.
- https://elixir-lang.org/blog/2021/12/03/elixir-v1-13-0-released/ – Elixir 1.13 released - blog post highlighting features
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/blob/v1.13/CHANGELOG.md – The more detailed changelog that identifies the new language features.
- https://twitter.com/atyborska93/status/1467520341023068162 – Angelika Tyborska updated her Elixir Enum Cheatsheet that visually explains what functions do.
- https://angelika.me/elixir-enum-cheatsheet/#slide/3 – Angelika's update cheatsheet and the slide function
- https://gleam.run/news/gleam-v0.18-released/ – Gleam v0.18 released
- https://blog.rentpathcode.com/introducing-eflamb%C3%A9-3065e70f9eb – eFlambé by Trevor Brown - a SpawnFest winner
- https://github.com/livebook-dev/livebook/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md#v040-2021-12-05 – Livebook v0.4 was released
- https://twitter.com/dorgan_/status/1467189972847452169 – The Sourceror library got a new release. V0.9.0.
- http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/54 – Our previous interview with Lucas San Román about Sourceror
- https://github.com/supabase/supabase/tree/master/studio – Supabase recently open sourced their Dashboard.
- https://thinkingelixir.fireside.fm/73 – Our previous interview with Paul Copplestone at Supabase
- https://www.elixirconf.eu/ – ElixirConf EU 2022 is happening in London/virtual on April 6-8
- https://www.empex.co/mtn – EMPEX MTN - Salt Lake City, UT - May 6, 2022
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIYiFWyuEytDzyju6uXW40Q – YouTube Playlists for previous EMPEX Conferences
- https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/elixir-talk/id1298287048 – Elixir Talk podcast
- https://twitter.com/codevisuals/status/838881724016787457?lang=en – Flowchart for how Slack decides whether to send a notification or not.
- https://twitter.com/cjbell_ – on Twitter
- https://github.com/cjbell/ – on Github
- https://twitter.com/empexco – Empex on Twitter
Find us online