Making Users Anonymous Upon Request
September 27th, 2022
39 mins 36 secs
About this Episode
Honoring a user's “right to be forgotten” is not only respectful, but it may be a legal requirement. Clément Quaresma joins us to share how their ecto_anon library helps us make a user anonymous. A naive approach at removing a user's data may corrupt our own database! We dig into how this library works, the problems it solves, and how it might be used for even more than GDPR compliance.
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/118
Elixir Community News
- https://elixir-nx.github.io/axon/Axon.html – Sean Moriarity wrote 15 Livebook guides which go deeper into some of Axon's APIs.
- https://twitter.com/sean_moriarity/status/1571983702413959175 – Sean Moriarity talking about the guides
- https://twitter.com/sean_moriarity/status/1570154419164954625 – Sean Moriarity teases a new Axon.Serving module
- https://twitter.com/bcardarella/status/1571310160148054016 – Dockyard is now sharing LiveView Native Weekly Updates.
- https://dockyard.com/blog/2022/09/18/liveview-native-weekly-update-2 – LiveView Native update describes they are working on “SwiftUI modifiers”
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/issues/42 – LiveView Native list of SwiftUI views to support
- https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/main/proposals/0336-distributed-actor-isolation.md#acknowledgments--prior-art – Apple Swift Evolution project credits Erlang and Elixir as inspirations.
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1571511215175733248 – Rustler gets improved binary support for zero copy dataframes in Nx and Explorer.
- https://news.adobe.com/news/news-details/2022/Adobe-to-Acquire-Figma/default.aspx – Figma gets bought by Adobe for $20B
- https://twitter.com/nathanwillson/status/1570786011369869317 – Figmex is a technology PoC written with Phoenix, runs globally distributed
- https://figmex.nathanwillson.com – Where you can play with the Figmex demo
- http://fabricjs.com/ – Figemx doesn't use LiveView, uses fabric.js for canvas control
- https://spawnfest.org/#rules – Spawnfest 2022 is gearing up
- https://spawnfest.org/ideas – Spawnfest list of suggested ideas for those wanting inspiration
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- https://github.com/WTTJ/algoliax – Elixir library for working with Algolia search engine
- https://twitter.com/quaresc – on Twitter
- https://github.com/quaresc/ – on Github
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/clement-quaresma/ – LinkedIn
- https://twitter.com/wttj – Welcome to the Jungle on Twitter
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- Cade Ward - @cadebward