It’s important to learn safe coding practices. As developers, we want people to love our products and happily pay to use them. We also want to protect our services and users from hackers and information leaks. However, sometimes we unknowingly create vulnerabilities in our systems. One of the best ways to prevent problems is to train the team working on the project. To help do this, Holden Oullette started an OpenSource project called Elixir Secure Coding Training for teams. Livebook based, the lessons can be forked and customized for what’s relevant to our projects. Check out what's already available! There’s more work and lessons to create. People are invited to jump in and help out. The goal is to create an education and training resource for the Elixir community!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/122
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/AshFramework/status/1582062954891350016 – Ash Framework 2.0 released
- https://github.com/ash-project/ash/blob/2.0/CHANGELOG.md – Ash Framework changelog
- https://elixirforum.com/t/ex-cldr-common-locale-data-repository-cldr-functions-for-elixir/17350/92 – Ex_cldr and Kip Cole's development plans
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/120 – Interview with Kip Cole
- https://hexdocs.pm/ex_cldr_routes – New CLDR library to help localize Phoenix routes
- https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix_localized_routes – There are other route localizing options as well
- https://twitter.com/lukaszsamson/status/1578521810554916864 – Elixir-LS fixed 4 year old bug with help from reporter!
- https://github.com/elixir-lsp/elixir-ls/issues/120 – Elixir-LS history and details on the fix
- https://twitter.com/fhunleth/status/1580524909939556353 – Nerves on Apple silicon improvements in upcoming release
- https://spawnfest.org/ – Spawnfest competition closed. People sharing their creations.
- https://twitter.com/spawnfest/status/1581347422671806464 – List of Spawnfest judges
- https://twitter.com/michalmuskala/status/1581743531764617217 – JSON Native project shared
- https://twitter.com/livebookdev/status/1581995785637756928 – Livebook Ecto extension called Lively supports Entity Relationship Diagrams and more.
- https://github.com/orgs/spawnfest/repositories?q=2022+in%3Atopics – See all the submissions with this non-obvious GitHub search
- https://www.elixirconf.eu/ – ElixirConf EU 2023 in in Lisbon Portugal - Hybrid conference 20-21 April 2023 - In person and virtual
- https://github.com/podium/elixir-secure-coding/blob/main/modules/4-graphql.livemd – Incomplete GraphQL module
- https://www.theregister.com/2016/03/23/npm_left_pad_chaos/ – Background on "left pad"
- https://twitter.com/holdenoullette – on Twitter
- https://github.com/houllette/ – on Github
- https://oullette.xyz – Blog
Find us online