We talk with Philip Brown who started Prise in Jan 2022 using Elixir, Axon and Nx to apply machine learning to project management. He shares what he's accomplished as a one-person dev team and how Elixir enabled him to develop more rapidly. He shares how, with no ML academic training, he learned as he went and developed and trained his own models that classify and prioritize people's tasks spread across multiple systems! A fun and empowering discussion!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/133
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/whatyouhide/status/1609914819511222273 – Andrea Leopardi has started a video series solving networking problems from protohackers.com
- https://twitter.com/livebookdev/status/1608127539196882944 – A Smart cell for playing with DALL-E directly from Livebook
- https://twitter.com/toranb/status/1609238634020106246 – A "hello world" of ML with Axon
- https://gist.github.com/toranb/e5c48565e83e4baaaf2c5850531a8a58 – Gist with the full example
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fizz_buzz – Fizz Buzz explained
- https://www.germanvelasco.com/blog/phoenix-1-7-is-view-less – German Velesco released a video and post about Phoenix going “View-less”
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=34188461 – The view-less post discussion on Hacker News
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvL2NEhYV4ZuuF39_A_DAh6IwIuh8K6gd – ElixirConf EU 2022 videos continue to be released.
- https://rocket-science.ru/hacking/2023/01/01/finitomata-marries-ecto – finitomata library updated to support Ecto
- https://fosstodon.org/@lfe/109620918877368730 – Version 2.1.0 of LFE was released.
- https://pagespeed.web.dev/report – Fun experiment. Pagespeed Insights and LiveView with Tailwind.
- https://hex.pm/packages/phoenix_seo – Phoenix SEO package
- https://fly.io/phoenix-files/recognize-digits-using-ml-in-elixir/ – End-to-end article showing recognizing handwritten digits with Elixir, Axon, and Nx
- https://twitter.com/philipbrown/status/1604476648639692800 – Tweet about Elixir reducing cost of development
- https://twitter.com/philipbrown/status/1604793690630672384 – Tweet about Elixir reducing cost of development
- https://twitter.com/philipbrown – on Twitter
- https://github.com/philipbrown/ – on Github
- https://prise.com – Website
- https://culttt.com – Blog
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Mastadon - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Mastadon - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Mastadon - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Mastadon - @firstname.lastname@example.org