Thinking Elixir News
February 14th, 2023
8 mins 36 secs
About this Episode
News-only episode covers the new Phoenix.Template project, upcoming Nx work for Elixir using multiple GPUs, benefits of Elixir as seen by new people learning it, integrating the Trix JS WYSIWYG editor with LiveView, a new service called "Code Code Ship" that aims to make commercial Hex packages a thing in the Elixir space, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/138
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/TheErlef/status/1620482168219738116 – José Valim updated Phoenix.Template to include an implementation of the embed_templates/2 macro
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_template/commit/d6098a7f647911f68149196c7ec19c9fba935a85 – The commit
- https://culttt.com/2023/01/27/embedding-xml-templates-phoenix-1-7 – Philip Brown had an issue rendering XML templates in the new Phoenix 1.7 causing him to dig deeper and write about it.
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_template – The new phoenix_template package
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md – Phoenix 1.7 current RC changelog
- https://genserver.social/notice/ARrm86OMb5K6yekcUK – José Valim shared a bit about the work going on in the Nx projects. This is where Elixir/ML join together.
- https://twitter.com/clarkware/status/1616504190171287565 – Mike Clark and the Pragmatic Studios course
- https://twitter.com/EnriqueLeigh/status/1622537492594393088 – Enrique Leigh has been interviewing people learning Elixir and shared some results in this Twitter thread.
- https://twitter.com/polvalente/status/1621751987594215430 – Elixir telemetry is going to gain GRPC support soon
- https://elixircahttps://hex.pm/packages/ectosts.io/trix-editor – Trix Editor setup in LiveView tutorial
- https://twitter.com/TheErlef/status/1621929830135791616 – Code BEAM Lite Stockholm takes place on May 12th 2023. It is a one-track in-person conference.
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org