Progress report for LiveView Native, Livebook announced an integration with Hugging Face, Andrea Leopardi concludes his series of Protohacker challenge videos, new Phoenix 1.7.0 RCs 3 & 4 released, 3.5 year old issue is solved that unifies Elixir and Erlang loggers, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/140
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/bcardarella/status/1625582226783064065 – LiveView Native SwiftUI Color Picker
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/181 – Color Picker PR
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/174 – LiveView Native Control Group
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/186 – Add Picker
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/184 – Add LazyGrids
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/182 – Add Grid/GridRow
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/issues/42 – Issue that catalogs the list of work with items that get checked off
- https://mobile.twitter.com/josevalim/status/1625891764480487432 – José Valim announced integration between Livebook and Hugging Face Spaces
- https://twitter.com/huggingface/status/1625873545535320067 – Huggingface announced the collaboration too
- https://news.livebook.dev/livebook-inside-hugging-face-spaces-3LQaRi – Livebook inside Hugging Face Spaces announcement on Livebook.dev. Includes a Youtube video showing how to do it.
- https://mobile.twitter.com/josevalim/status/1625891903488106496 – José Valim teased of that they will have big news coming soon in relation to Livebook on both Hugging Face and Fly.io.
- https://mobile.twitter.com/whatyouhide/status/1625914883433717761 – Andrea Leopardi published the LAST video in his series of Protohacker challenges.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbxOi3zFJs – Day 8 - Insecure Socket Layer
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md – New Phoenix 1.7.0 RCs 3 & 4 were released.
- https://twitter.com/germsvel/status/1626560342494162944 – German Velasco shares about the put_in/2 macro for updating deeply nested structs
- https://twitter.com/whatyouhide/status/1626544505506656257 – Hauleth and the community worked to close a 3.5 year old issue on the Elixir Github tracker.
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/issues/9465 – This unifies the Erlang and Elixir loggers.
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/logger_backends – New official Elixir library called logger_backends
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com