Thinking Elixir News
February 28th, 2023
13 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Progress report for LiveView Native, Livebook announced an integration with Hugging Face, Andrea Leopardi concludes his series of Protohacker challenge videos, new Phoenix 1.7.0 RCs 3 & 4 released, 3.5 year old issue is solved that unifies Elixir and Erlang loggers, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/140
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/bcardarella/status/1625582226783064065 – LiveView Native SwiftUI Color Picker
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/181 – Color Picker PR
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/174 – LiveView Native Control Group
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/186 – Add Picker
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/184 – Add LazyGrids
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/pull/182 – Add Grid/GridRow
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/issues/42 – Issue that catalogs the list of work with items that get checked off
- https://mobile.twitter.com/josevalim/status/1625891764480487432 – José Valim announced integration between Livebook and Hugging Face Spaces
- https://twitter.com/huggingface/status/1625873545535320067 – Huggingface announced the collaboration too
- https://news.livebook.dev/livebook-inside-hugging-face-spaces-3LQaRi – Livebook inside Hugging Face Spaces announcement on Livebook.dev. Includes a Youtube video showing how to do it.
- https://mobile.twitter.com/josevalim/status/1625891903488106496 – José Valim teased of that they will have big news coming soon in relation to Livebook on both Hugging Face and Fly.io.
- https://mobile.twitter.com/whatyouhide/status/1625914883433717761 – Andrea Leopardi published the LAST video in his series of Protohacker challenges.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbxOi3zFJs – Day 8 - Insecure Socket Layer
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md – New Phoenix 1.7.0 RCs 3 & 4 were released.
- https://twitter.com/germsvel/status/1626560342494162944 – German Velasco shares about the put_in/2 macro for updating deeply nested structs
- https://twitter.com/whatyouhide/status/1626544505506656257 – Hauleth and the community worked to close a 3.5 year old issue on the Elixir Github tracker.
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/issues/9465 – This unifies the Erlang and Elixir loggers.
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/logger_backends – New official Elixir library called logger_backends
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at email@example.com
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com