A new minor LiveView release, a new Nerves focused Elixir case study was published, a post about audio transcriptions using Bumblebee and another about using Tailscale to cluster Elixir apps across cloud providers. ElixirConf US was announced, nimble_options reaches 1.0 and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/143
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/blob/v0.18.17/CHANGELOG.md#01817-2023-03-09 – Phoenix LiveView minor update 0.18.17 released
- https://elixir-lang.org/blog/2023/03/09/embedded-and-cloud-elixir-at-sparkmeter/ – New Case Study was added to the ElixirLang website.
- https://twitter.com/elixirlang/status/1633795075217006597 – Tweet sharing the SparkMeter case study. Includes brief summary.
- https://discord.com/blog/how-discord-stores-trillions-of-messages – Discord, another company using Elixir, wrote a blog post titled “How Discord stores trillions of messages”
- https://dockyard.com/blog/2023/03/07/audio-speech-recognition-in-elixir-with-whisper-bumblebee – Blog post from Sean Moriarity on using Elixir with the Whisper ML model and Bumblebee to do audio speech recognition
- https://www.richardtaylor.dev/articles/globally-distributed-elixir-over-tailscale – Richard Taylor shared his experiments with clustering Elixir applications across cloud providers.
- https://twitter.com/tylerayoung/status/1633477705332031488 – Tyler Young shared a PSA of sorts about using module attributes in Elixir.
- https://hexdocs.pm/nimble_publisher/NimblePublisher.html#module-examples – Nimble Publisher example that stresses how to safely use module attributes
- https://github.com/dashbitco/nimble_options – Andrea Leopardi released v1.0 of nimble_options.
- https://twitter.com/whatyouhide/status/1633844179888640001 – Tweet thread where Andrea talks about the 1.0 considerations.
- https://twitter.com/bcardarella/status/1633884901681295367 – Brian Cardarella shared a tweet teasing the ability to have a single Phoenix app serve MacOS, WatchOS and iOS interfaces using LiveView Native.
- https://www.meetup.com/dc-elixir/events/292140179/ – Sundi Myint is organizing a meetup to try your conferences talk pitch out and get feedback.
- https://2023.elixirconf.com/ – ElixirConf US was announced and will be Sep 5-8 in Orlando, FL at the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa
- https://twitter.com/ElixirConfAfric/status/1633046390732455936 – ElixirConf Africa - May 26-27 - online only. Call for speakers is open.
- https://sessionize.com/elixir-conf-africa-2023 – Submit your talk for ElixirConf Africa
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com