Thinking Elixir News
March 28th, 2023
13 mins 43 secs
About this Episode
A collection of ML stories, fixing an 8-year old LiveView bug, Docker drama, speeding up Dialyzer in CI, a new Credo release and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/144
Elixir Community News
- https://www.phoenixframework.org/blog/whisper-speech-to-text-phoenix – Chris McCord made a video showing how quickly he can add audio transcription to the open-source LiveBeats application.
- https://fly.io/blog/livebeats/ – LiveBeats blog post with link to the project
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsxGB6MbA8o – Warsaw meetup was recorded where Hans Josephsen showed using “Object detection in Elixir with Axon” in a Livebook.
- https://twitter.com/livebookdev/status/1636780420422418465 – Conversation models coming soon to Livebook + Bumblebee
- https://github.com/nickgnd/programming-machine-learning-livebooks – Gin Lennon converted the Jupyter notebooks for the Python book “Programming Machine Learning” book by P. Perrotta into Elixir Livebooks with Axon.
- https://fly.io/phoenix-files/phoenix-dev-blog-sounds-like-a-bug/ – Chris McCord wrote a blog post about his journey to diagnose and fix a challenging race condition in LiveView but only when using the long-poll feature.
- https://www.docker.com/blog/we-apologize-we-did-a-terrible-job-announcing-the-end-of-docker-free-teams/ – The Docker drama update from blog post published on March 16th.
- https://twitter.com/hexpm/status/1636337448543301633 – Docker policy update and the impact on Hex "TL;DR - we are not affected by it"
- https://hub.docker.com/u/hexpm – The Hexpm organization on Docker Hub
- https://twitter.com/whatyouhide/status/1635692248485572622 – Andrea Leopardi added module support for the "since" metadata attribute
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/ex_doc/pull/1680 – PR for the change
- https://blog.massdriver.cloud/posts/gha-dialyzer/ – Massdriver published a blog post on speeding up Dialyzer in CI
- https://hexdocs.pm/credo/changelog.html – Credo released a big update 1.7.0
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org