Thinking Elixir News
April 4th, 2023
12 mins 38 secs
About this Episode
News covers the EEF election results, a new Livebook 0.9 release, Docker reverses directions, how Github spilled the secret beans, full text search with a new Haystack lib, how intentionally vulnerable Phoenix apps are educational, the timescale hex package grows up a little, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/145
Elixir Community News
- https://erlef.org/blog/eef/election-2023-results – New Erlang Ecosystem Foundation members
- https://news.livebook.dev/announcing-livebook-0.9-2tiuLC – Livebook 0.9 was released and has a short accompanying blog post.
- https://www.docker.com/blog/no-longer-sunsetting-the-free-team-plan/ – Docker is no longer sunsetting the Free Team Plan
- https://github.blog/2023-03-23-we-updated-our-rsa-ssh-host-key/ – GitHub SSH key leaked and reset
- https://elixirstream.dev/gendiff – ElixirStream diff generator updated with awareness for Credo.
- https://github.com/zestcreative/elixirstream/commit/3c4278469201c45f7d794aaa6343f0fe18df4cda – What's involved in getting a new project diff added
- https://culttt.com/2023/03/22/building-a-full-text-search-engine-in-elixir – New full-text search library called Haystack from Philip Brown
- https://github.com/elixir-haystack/haystack – Haystack project on Github
- https://github.com/heywhy/ex_elasticlunr – Comparable search library ElasticLunr
- https://twitter.com/paraxialio/status/1638161831373029377 – Paraxial released an intentionally vulnerable project for people to play with and exploit
- https://paraxial.io/blog/potion-shop – Vulnerable "Potion Shop" project
- https://owasp.org/www-project-juice-shop/ – OWASP's "Juice Shop" vulnerable project
- https://twitter.com/sm_debenedetto/status/1638496777463648260 – The book "Programming Phoenix LiveView" by Bruce Tate and Sophie DeBennedetto released a new update.
- https://pragprog.com/titles/liveview/programming-phoenix-liveview/ – The book on PragProg
- https://twitter.com/germsvel/status/1638158470317834246 – Tip for testing function components by rendering them to HTML
- https://twitter.com/germsvel/status/1640696116017614850 – Tip for paginating as an infinite scroll with streams
- https://hex.pm/packages/timescale – Timescale library published a pseudo-stable version, 0.1.0. (no longer alpha)
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/129 – Our interview with Dave Lucia about Timescale
- https://hexdocs.pm/ecto_range/EctoRange.html – New Ecto library about storing Ecto Ranges. Provides Ecto types for Postgres about storing a time range, date range, datetime ranges, and integer ranges, and supports indeterminate bounds.
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org