News includes Elixir 1.14.4 release and what's in it, the EEF's election is re-run and why, a new ML library Scholar was released and what it's for, a Sobelow update, a post about building your own static site generator with Phoenix, a post creating a Slack-like app with LiveView and streams, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/146
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/releases/tag/v1.14.4 – Elixir 1.14.4 released
- https://erlef.org/blog/eef/election-2023-revote – EEF board election re-vote to correct a procedural issue.
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1641137386124988418 – José Valim announced “Scholar”, traditional Machine Learning algorithms library.
- https://hexdocs.pm/scholar/ – Scholar project on Github
- https://hexdocs.pm/scholar/linear_regression.html – Scholar's docs look good.
- https://twitter.com/paraxialio/status/1641242283134660616 – Sobelow v0.12.0 released
- https://github.com/nccgroup/sobelow/releases/tag/v0.12.0 – Sobelow changelog on Github
- https://twitter.com/akoutmos/status/1642204487560331270 – PromEx 1.8.0 was released.
- https://github.com/akoutmos/prom_ex/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#180---2023-04-01 – PromEx changelog on Github
- https://twitter.com/germsvel/status/1641759745118969856 – German Valesco shared a short video tip about the JS.exec/3 function
- https://fly.io/phoenix-files/crafting-your-own-static-site-generator-using-phoenix/ – Jason Stiebs wrote a blog post showing how to create your own static site generator using Phoenix
- https://fly.io/phoenix-files/building-a-chat-app-with-liveview-streams/ – Sophie DeBennedetto wrote a post about building a Slack-like interface using LiveView and Streams.
- https://github.com/SophieDeBenedetto/stream_chat – StreamChat Github project
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com