Thinking Elixir News
April 18th, 2023
18 mins 41 secs
About this Episode
Day 1 and 2 of Livebook's first launch week announcements, a new JsonSchema compiler named Exonerate, Ecto 3.10.0 brings changeset improvements for LiveView, the Image library can now skew and unskew images using Nx, KnockLabs released the one_and_done library for idempotent APIs, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/147
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1644035841080143872 – Livebook's first “launch week” is going on at the time of this recording.
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1645453335615483908 – Day 1 - show how to deploy notebooks as applications plus other QoL improvements arriving in Livebook v0.9
- https://news.livebook.dev/deploy-notebooks-as-apps-quality-of-life-upgrades---launch-week-1---day-1-2OTEWI – Blog post - Deploy notebooks as apps & quality-of-life upgrades - Launch Week 1 - Day 1
- https://news.livebook.dev/distributed2-machine-learning-notebooks-with-elixir-and-livebook---launch-week-1---day-2-1aIlaw – Distributed² Machine Learning notebooks with Elixir and Livebook - Launch Week 1 - Day 2
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELBQytOaQUQ – Sean Moriarity attended the Denver Online Elixir Meetup and talked about Bumblebee and conversational bots in Elixir.
- https://github.com/E-xyza/Exonerate – Exonerate (an opinionated JSONSchema compiler for Elixir) 0.3.0 is released and available on Hex
- https://twitter.com/DNAutics/status/1643347181103874050 – Twitter thread with discussion about what a JsonSchema compiler is
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1645485723242430465 – Ecto 3.10.0 was released with improvements around changesets, some of them focused on better interplay with LiveView
- https://github.com/elixir-ecto/ecto/blob/v3.10.0/CHANGELOG.md – Ecto 3.10.0 changelog
- https://hexdocs.pm/ecto/3.10.0/Ecto.Changeset.html#field_missing?/2 – field_missing function as an example
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1645490346543964162 – Chris McCord will be showing off some of these new Ecto features in his upcoming ElixirConf EU talk.
- https://twitter.com/germsvel/status/1643933568585043968 – German Valesco shared another short tip about using liveSocket.enableLatencySim() for slowing local dev experience
- https://pragmaticstudio.com/courses/phoenix-liveview – PragmaticStudio updated their video based Phoenix LiveView course
- https://elixirforum.com/t/image-an-image-processing-library-based-upon-vix/47568/98 – Image 0.28.x released. Forum post with images showing what it does.
- https://github.com/elixir-image/image/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md#image-0281 – Image uses Nx and Vix to straighten or skew image data
- https://twitter.com/cjbell_/status/1645508923196071936 – Chris Bell at Knock Labs shared a new library release called “One and Done”. It is a tool for creating APIs that are idempotent.
- https://github.com/knocklabs/one_and_done – One and Done GitHub project
- https://knock.app/blog/using-one-and-done-to-power-idempotency – One and done idempotency blog post
- https://www.empex.co/new-york – EMPEX NYC conference reminder - June 9, 2023 - A one day, single-track Elixir conference in Brooklyn, NY
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at email@example.com
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com