Peeking inside the Livebook
May 16th, 2023
43 mins 26 secs
About this Episode
Recently Livebook had its first launch week. We met with Jonatan Kłosko, the developer behind most of the exciting new features, to learn what some of these additions are, how they actually work and what's coming with the new Teams feature. Jonatan shares some of his favorite unsung features and where the new apps ability may go in the future. Livebook is an important community project and it's fun getting a deeper look inside!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/151
Elixir Community News
- https://changelog.com/podcast/538 – José Valim was on the Changelog podcast talking about the Livebook release week.
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1653838129306935301 – José sharing his podcast interview on Twitter
- https://twitter.com/bigcodeproject/status/1654174941976068119 – StarCoder Twitter thread
- https://github.com/bigcode-project/starcoder – StarCoder Github project page
- https://huggingface.co/bigcode/starcoder – New LLM (Large Language Model) on HuggingFace. Heads up! It's a 64GB model!
- https://huggingface.co/chat – Link where you can play with the StarCoder via a chat interface
- https://towardsdatascience.com/4-autonomous-ai-agents-you-need-to-know-d612a643fa92 – Autonomous AI agents have become a hot topic. Examples include AutoGPT, Westworld simulation and others.
- https://twitter.com/servusmario/status/1655883183643033601 – Twitter discussion with José Valim about Elixir and processes being used as LLM Agents.
- https://github.com/akoutmos/deno_ex – The deno_ex library on Github
- https://stackoverflow.blog/2023/05/08/the-2023-developer-survey-is-now-live/ – Stack Overflow 2023 Developer Survey is out
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K51fj1JGQEY – Lars Wikman's ElixirConf EU 2023 video was released. This is the 2nd video released from the ElixirConf EU. It is titled "Lively LiveView with Membrane"
- https://hex.pm/blog/new-domain-for-build-artifacts – Hex.pm blog post announcing the subdomain change for hosting builds. It includes instructions on migrating tools to prevent an interruption.
- https://www.empex.co/new-york#speakers – Empex NYC lineup has been announced. It is a one day, single-track Elixir conference in New York City
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at email@example.com
- https://news.livebook.dev/deploy-notebooks-as-apps-quality-of-life-upgrades---launch-week-1---day-1-2OTEWI – Day 1 - Deploy notebooks as apps & quality-of-life upgrades
- https://news.livebook.dev/distributed2-machine-learning-notebooks-with-elixir-and-livebook---launch-week-1---day-2-1aIlaw – Day 2 - Distributed² Machine Learning notebooks with Elixir and Livebook
- https://news.livebook.dev/hubs-and-secret-management---launch-week-1---day-3-3tMaJ2 – Day 3 - Hubs and secret management
- https://news.livebook.dev/build-and-deploy-a-whisper-chat-app-to-hugging-face-in-15-minutes---launch-week-1---day-4-wYM0w – Day 4 - Build and deploy a Whisper chat app to Hugging Face in 15 minutes
- https://news.livebook.dev/data-wrangling-in-elixir-with-explorer-the-power-of-rust-the-elegance-of-r---launch-week-1---day-5-1xqwCI – Day 5 - Data wrangling in Elixir with Explorer, the power of Rust, the elegance of R
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/46 – 1st time we talked. May 2021 ~2 years ago!
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/130 – 2nd time we talked about Bumblebee - Dec 2022
- https://github.com/livebook-dev/livebook/graphs/contributors – Livebook Github contributor graph
- https://github.com/jonatanklosko/ – Jonatan Kłosko on Github
- https://jonatanklosko.com/ – Blog
- https://erlef.org/slack-invite/erlef – The EEF Slack
- https://elixirforum.com/u/jonatanklosko – Elixir Forum profile
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com