News roundup includes the ElixirConf schedule being published, Bumblebee gets streaming text support, Oban Web is getting a big update, Elixir for Cynical Curmudgeons blog post brings broader positive attention, and Elixir Nx being successfully used to follow along with high profile AI examples.
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/164
Elixir Community News
- https://2023.elixirconf.com/schedule – ElixirConf US schedule is up.
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/bumblebee/pull/232 – Merged PR on Bumblebee by Jonatan Kłosko adds support for streaming text generation results.
- https://twitter.com/sean_moriarity/status/1687123146787233792 – Sean Moriarity drew attention to Jonatan Kłosko's recent PR work on Bumblebee.
- https://twitter.com/sorentwo/status/1687215720067637249 – Oban Web gets upgraded metrics
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/163 – Our recent interview with Parker Selbert about Oban
- https://wiki.alopex.li/ElixirForCynicalCurmudgeons – Hacker News had an Elixir-positive article up for a while called “Elixir For Cynical Curmudgeons”
- https://twitter.com/royalicing/status/1687271985548820480 – Library author tip by Patrick Smith to create a test that checks the mix.exs version with the README
- https://twitter.com/nickgnd/status/1686827833325133825 – People are using Elixir Nx to follow along a YouTube video that builds a GPT from scratch.
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com