News includes a new "async" feature being added to LiveView, a new translation library called Kanta was announced, formatted logging, improved keyboard navigation in ExDocs, the Membrane framework released a pure Elixir H264 video plugin, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/168
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/pull/2763 – New “async” features built-in to LiveView
- https://elixirstatus.com/p/ElYf7-introducing-kanta---the-ultimate-open-source-solution-to-translations-in-elixir--phoenix-web-apps – New translation library called Kanta
- https://github.com/curiosum-dev/kanta – User-friendly translations manager for Elixir/Phoenix projects.
- https://blog.appsignal.com/2023/07/18/observe-your-phoenix-app-with-structured-logging.html – Structured logging post by Sophie DeBenedetto
- https://github.com/akasprzok/logfmt_ex – Elixir library called logfmt_ex
- https://mas.to/@angelikatyborska/110973663083838384 – Improved keyboard navigation in ExDocs v0.30.6
- https://twitter.com/ElixirMembrane/status/1697186141030490432 – Membrane project adds a pure Elixir H264 parser.
- https://membrane.stream/learn/h264 – An article that covers the “H264 - what, why and how”
- https://github.com/membraneframework/membrane_h264_plugin – The Membrane framework can now use it to stream in H264.
- https://github.com/wojtekmach/req/releases/tag/v0.4.0 – Req library v0.4.0 was released. Includes some breaking changes.
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1698675318238707820 – ElixirConf is starting and keynotes will hopefully be released soon after.
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com