The Elixir community has a new OpenSource CMS thanks to DockYard and Leandro Pereira! We talk with Leandro to better understand what the Beacon project is and what it can do. It's built using Phoenix LiveView and can be deployed standalone or as part of an existing Elixir Phoenix application. The Admin features include the ability for non-developers to edit content and immediately deploy changes without re-deploying the app. We talk about how BeaconCMS is positioned against Wordpress and static sites and where the greatest benefits are. A feature in development is the HEEx template editor which promises to be a very exciting tool for non-developers. Learn along with us!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/174
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1713894354962534808 – LiveView optimized DOM patching announced, resulting in significant speed improvements in browser's DOM patching time.
- https://twitter.com/basilenouvellet/status/1713981828028133847 – Real world test results demonstrating faster speeds due to LiveView's optimized DOM patching.
- https://dashbit.co/blog/latency-rendering-liveview – New post on performance optimization in Phoenix LiveView by José Valim.
- https://youtu.be/Ckgl9KO4E4M?si=UNf5sNShzl1oTZQS&t=1731 – Chris McCord's ElixirConf keynote demo on LiveView's new dev tool features. Time signature for dev tools example
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1711756969814426066 – José Valim's explanation on LiveView's unreleased feature.
- https://github.com/elixir-saas/click_to_component – An external library called "click_to_component" to support the Cmd+Click functionality in LiveView.
- https://news.livebook.dev/remote-execution-smart-cell---launch-week-2---day-1-m3dv2 – Announcement of Livebook's new feature - Remote execution Smart cell.
- https://news.livebook.dev/speech-to-text-with-whisper-timestamping-streaming-and-parallelism-oh-my---launch-week-2---day-2-36osSY – Livebook's new features in their Whisper integration for improved speech-to-text performance.
- https://news.livebook.dev/introducing-file-integration---launch-week-2---day-3-2HoFfa – Livebook's introduction to File Integration.
- https://news.livebook.dev/integration-with-snowflake-and-microsoft-sql-server---launch-week-2---day-4-2o4z9C – Livebook adds support for Snowflake and SQL Server.
- https://news.livebook.dev/vim-and-emacs-key-bindings---launch-week-2---day- – Livebook support for VIM & Emacs key bindings.
- https://hexdocs.pm/ash_sqlite/get-started-with-sqlite.html – Ash Framework's new AshSqlite library release.
- https://oban.pro/releases/web/v2.10 – Release of Oban Web 2.10.0.
- https://github.com/emmanueltouzery/elixir-extras.nvim – Release of a new Neovim Elixir plugin called elixir-extras.nvim.
- https://twitter.com/samokhvalov/status/1714153676212949355 – PostgreSQL tip for setting a human-readable label for a connection session.
- https://github.com/pgbouncer/pgbouncer/releases/tag/pgbouncer_1_21_0 – Upcoming PgBouncer 1.21 release with support for prepared statements.
- https://twitter.com/ElixirConfEU/status/1713929804062273663 – Announcement for call for talks for ElixirConf Europe 2024.
- https://www.elixirconf.eu/ – ElixirConf Europe 2024 conference details.
- https://github.com/BeaconCMS/beacon – The main Beacon CMS project
- https://github.com/BeaconCMS/beacon_demo – Beacon CMS demo project
- https://github.com/BeaconCMS/beacon_live_admin – Beacon CMS admin project
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jk0fIJOFuc&list=PLqj39LCvnOWbHaZldxw_g02RaTQ4vQ1eY&index=16 – ElixirConf 2023 - Beacon - The next generation of CMS in Phoenix LiveView
- https://github.com/BeaconCMS/live_monaco_editor – The code editor, based on the Livebook editor
- https://github.com/leandrocp/mdex – Markdown parser and formatter
- https://github.com/leandrocp/autumn – Syntax highlighter for code blocks
- https://github.com/TheFirstAvenger/safe_code – Inspect HEEx for unsafe code
- https://github.com/BeaconCMS/beacon/milestone/1 – Beacon v0.1 release milestone
- https://twitter.com/leandrocesquini – on Twitter
- https://github.com/leandrocp/ – on Github
- [hhttps://leandrocp.com.br](hhttps://leandrocp.com.br?utm_source=thinkingelixir&utm_medium=shownotes) – Blog
- https://github.com/leandrocp/mdex – Other project MDEx - A fast 100% CommonMark-compatible GitHub Flavored Markdown parser and formatter for Elixir.
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @email@example.com