We reached outside the Elixir community to talk with Caleb Porzio. Caleb is the creator of PHP Laravel LiveWire, a framework inspired by LiveView. He created Alpine.js to help solve problems common to both LiveWire and LiveView. He also shares how he made his OpenSource work sustainable, and successfully shifted to being full-time supported for his community work. Lots of great insight and discussion!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/20
Elixir Community News
- https://spawnfest.github.io/winners – SpawnFest winners were announced
- https://elixirforum.com/t/new-exaws-maintainer/34917 – New ExAWS project maintainer steps up
- https://dashbit.co/ebooks/the-little-ecto-cookbook – Updated "Little Ecto Cookbook"
- https://twitter.com/pragprog/status/1318922490274631682 – New PragProg book titled "Genetic Algorithms in Elixir"
- https://hex.pm/packages/credo – Credo v 1.5.0 released
- https://calebporzio.com/proof-of-concept-phoenix-liveview-for-laravel/ – Early PoC version using Websockets
- https://calebporzio.com/i-just-hit-dollar-100000yr-on-github-sponsors-heres-how-i-did-it – Post on being sponsored
- https://symfony.com/ – Other popular PHP framework
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQO4Xh1gMpY – Embrace the Backend 2018 talk
- https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/no-plans-to-merge/id1455034944 – No Plans to Merge Podcast
- https://laravel-livewire.com/podcast/ – LiveWire Podcast
- https://learn-vscode.com/ – Make VS Code Awesome course
- https://twitter.com/calebporzio – on Twitter
- https://github.com/calebporzio – on Github
- https://calebporzio.com – Blog
Find us online