After covering the news, we share a live recording of the show from the Lambda Days conference. It was a lot of fun! We covered topics like learning and teaching Elixir, functional programming, strengths of Elixir over Erlang, the developer tooling, why Elixir is awesome even when not building distributed systems, and much more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/37
Elixir Community News
- https://dashbit.co/blog/nx-numerical-elixir-is-now-publicly-available – Project Nx has finally gone public!
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/nx – Project source on Github
- https://groups.google.com/g/elixir-lang-core/c/Q4ZnK-R59-4/m/Uc2xOJKlAwAJ – Proposal to add before_suite to ExUnit
- https://github.com/nerves-project/nerves_examples/tree/main/hello_zig – Zig Lang is now available for use on Nerves official platforms
- https://gleam.run/news/gleam-v0.14-released/ – Gleam Lang 0.14 was released
- https://hex.pm/packages/prom_ex – PromEx library leaves beta and releases v1.0
- https://www.beamrad.io/ – New BeamRad.io Elixir and BEAM focused podcast
- https://github.com/erlang-ls/erlang_ls/releases/tag/0.10.0 – ElixirLS v0.10.0 released
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/2960 – OTP 24 get faster float to string algorithm
- https://codesync.global/conferences/code-beam-v-america-2021/ – Code Beam V America 2021
Find us online