We talk with Angelika Tyborska about the history of exercism.io, her involvement, the issues addressed in v2 and what's new and cool in the soon to be released v3. We cover the Elixir track, her work as a maintainer, the journey of a student and how people can help as mentors. We also hear about the "fun" she had creating a maze generator and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/50
Elixir Community News
- https://elixir-lang.org/blog/2021/05/19/elixir-v1-12-0-released/ – Elixir 1.12 was released!
- https://thinkingelixir.com/elixir-1-12-and-your-first-mix-install-script/ – Mix.install/2 intro post with example. Setup Elixir 1.12 through asdf
- https://twitter.com/hauleth/status/1394575966463315970 – Global logger metadata as part of OTP 24
- https://angelika.me/elixir-enum-cheatsheet – Angelika Tyborska updated her nice Enum visual cheatsheet
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/10637 – Registry module supports the :compressed option
- https://twitter.com/dashbit/status/1395138662850048003 – Livebook is on Hex.pm using
mix escript.install hex livebook
- https://erlef.org/blog/machine-learning/machine-learning-updates-may-2021 – The Machine Learning group in the EEF outlines their progress
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/4869 – Erlang JIT is coming to AArch64 platforms such as Apple's new M1-based Macs
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/livebook/pull/287 – Livebook gets support for graphing through VegaLite
- https://smartlogic.io/about/community/elixir-wizards-conference/ – SmartLogic/Elixir Wizards is hosting an Elixir conference!
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1396600570614632451 – Chris McCord's script to simulate poor network for websocket connections on osx
- https://github.com/neenjaw/ – Other Elixir track maintainer - Tim Austin
- https://mazes.angelika.me/ – Cool LiveView maze generator
- https://twitter.com/atyborska93 – on Twitter
- https://github.com/angelikatyborska/ – on Github
- https://angelika.me/ – Blog
Find us online