We talk with Tetiana Dushenkivska, the creator of Elixir Cards, a series of Elixir flashcards with multiple ways to use them. We talk about why she created the cards, how they helped her, and how others have used them. We talk about learning models and the importance of repetition for memorizing things. Tetiana shares how LiveView is used in the creation of the cards and more! David shares how he used the cards for fun drills at meetups and Tetiana fondly recalls a tournament held at a previous Elixir conf. She also shares what she's working on now for a future online learning system.
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/90
Elixir Community News
- https://lu.ma/elixir-social – Elixir lunch is now Elixir social
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1499132873114361872 – The Phoenix HEEX template formatter now merged in to LiveView
- https://twitter.com/nivenhuh/status/1483895710932078593 – Apple was hiring for an Elixir developer to join their Environment team. Position is closed, but an insight to Elixir usage at the company.
- https://www.apple.com/environment/ – Apple environment initiative
- https://twitter.com/emjii/status/1500574395936485384 – Performance work continues for Apple's M1 chips and Elixir. This tweet is about slow package unpacking during
- https://github.com/akoutmos/prom_ex/pull/122 – Alex Koutmos shared that PromEx now allows you to bundle Grafana's Agent so you can push metrics to Prometheus.
- https://fly.io/blog/intro-to-accessibility/ – An intro to Accessibility on the web. LiveBeats will continue to get enhancements so we can see an example.
- https://twitter.com/fhunleth/status/1500521232965451776 – Frank Hunleth tuning Nerves for the new Grisp 2 board. Can get pre-built binaries to play with.
- https://www.grisp.org/ – Grisp 2 is a hardware device built with Elixir and Erlang in mind
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/4750#issuecomment-823816722 – Correction about constant time and
- https://twitter.com/elixircards – Elixir Cards Twitter account
- https://twitter.com/gitcards – Git Cards Twitter account
- https://www.elixircards.co.uk/ – Website for sales/marketing of Elixir Cards
- https://gitflashcards.com/ – Git cards website
- https://kapeli.com/dash – Dash tool on MacOS for combined documentation searching
- https://zealdocs.org/ – Zeal is a Dash-like tool that is OpenSource and cross platform for Linux and Windows.
- https://xkcd.com/1168/ – Comic about remembering Tar commands
- https://twitter.com/Tetiana12345678 – on Twitter
- https://github.com/tetiana12345678 – on Github
Find us online