Putting LiveView in a Chrome Extension
August 16th, 2022
54 mins 34 secs
About this Episode
Google Chrome extension that displays a LiveView and integrates with a web page like Gmail? Steve Bussey shares how he did just that! We learn how it worked, why he did it, the benefits he sees, and how this differs from the conventional approach. He explains the small JS shim used, recommends a library to help when integrating with Gmail and he explains how the user experience is great, particularly when rolling out new versions! Steve goes further to talk about Chrome's new v3 extension API and targeting multiple browsers.
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/112
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/WhatsApp/eqwalizer/blob/main/FAQ.md – WhatsApp static type checker eqWAlizer added a FAQ.
- https://twitter.com/robertoaloi/status/1555470447671754753 – Experimental support in erlang_ls has also been built for eqWAlizer
- https://github.com/erlang-ls/erlang_ls/pull/1356 – Erlang LS eqWAlizer support
- https://twitter.com/michalmuskala/status/1554813818475319296 – Erlang/OTP's Dialyzer can now be run incrementally, which works out ~7x faster on average
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/5997 – Dialyzer PR with more details
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1554478915477028864 – Initial verified routes announcement from Chris McCord for Phoenix 1.7
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1554512359485542400 – José Valim gave more clarification on what verified routes means.
- https://twitter.com/hugobarauna/status/1554547730302832641 – Hugo Baraúna created a 5 minute Youtube video showing how to integrate Livebook with Google BigQuery.
- https://twitter.com/akoutmos/status/1556046188784324616 – Alex Koutmos teased that he's adding Benchee support to Livebook.
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/94 – Benchee discussion with Tobias Pfeiffer in episode 94.
- https://erlangforums.com/t/pgmp-postgresql-client-with-logical-replication-to-ets/1707 – Interesting Erlang library launched called pgmp
- https://github.com/shortishly/pgmp – pgmp is a PostgreSQL client with support for simple and extended query, and logical replication to ETS.
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at email@example.com
- https://twitter.com/yoooodaaaa/status/1544434779327811585 – Tweet about creating a chrome extension
- https://pragprog.com/titles/sbsockets/real-time-phoenix/ – Author of "Real-Time Phoenix" book
- https://twitter.com/YOOOODAAAA – on Twitter
- https://github.com/sb8244/ – on Github
- https://stephenbussey.com – Blog
- https://pragprog.com/titles/sbsockets/real-time-phoenix/ – Real-Time Phoenix book
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Email the show - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- Cade Ward - @cadebward