Thinking Elixir News
January 24th, 2023
20 mins 16 secs
About this Episode
News-only episode covers some overlooked new Livebook features, Mint support added to Elixir GRPC, Phoenix Live Storybook is getting visual comparisons between versions, LiveView Native progress updates, the Circle CI breach and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/135
Elixir Community News
- https://news.livebook.dev/whats-new-in-livebook-0.8-4gQiEE – The Livebook v0.8 release was overshadowed by Bumblebee, but there's a lot to take note of in Livebook itself.
- https://twitter.com/livebookdev/status/1613529263902162946 – Tweet thread of Livebook release highlights
- https://genserver.social/notice/ARhZ8jEivs1kSzbxKK – Nx update includes a new “lazy_transfers” feature
- https://github.com/elixir-grpc/grpc/pull/272 – Elixir GRPC gains a new mint HTTP adapter
- https://twitter.com/cblavier/status/1613245631006670848 – Phoenix Live Storybook gets a visual regression testing endpoint in 0.5.0.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym-p8oUUfQU – Andrea Leopardi continues his ProtoHackers video challenge with number 4
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tds-Vxsoho – Andrea Leopardi's 5th video
- https://twitter.com/bcardarella/status/1613943730234429440 – Major milestone reached for LiveView Native. Starting work on list of Views to support.
- https://github.com/liveviewnative/liveview-client-swiftui/issues/42 – LiveView Native issue tracking the set of tasks
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnDGh_Jmw-s – Brian Cardarella's 2022 ElixirConf talk
- https://twitter.com/ElixirMembrane/status/1615002111745425411 – Membrane Core has a release candidate for a new 1.0 release.
- https://www.erlang-solutions.com/blog/5-erlang-and-elixir-use-cases-in-fintech/ – ErlangSolutions blog post talking about 5 Erlang and Elixir Use Cases In FinTech.
- https://www.elixirconf.eu/ – ElixirConfEU 2023 is a hybrid conference held 20-21 April in Lisbon Portugal
- https://techcrunch.com/2023/01/14/circleci-hackers-stole-customer-source-code/ – CircleCI says hackers stole encryption keys and customers secrets
- https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.html#section-3 – PSA to use example.com when writing tests. Protected by RFC 2606
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org