We've all run "mix phx.new", but have you ever thought to customize what that does? We talk with Victor Björklund who explains how we can create customized Phoenix project generators and why we might want to. We also discuss customizing the phoenix generators for our already generated projects. We explore the idea of supporting 3rd-party maintained generators and what that might look like. A fun discussion sure to “generate” ideas for your project!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/167
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/releases/tag/v1.15.5 – Elixir 1.15.5 bug fix release
- https://pdx.social/@kenichi/110934002380304132 – Livebook code cells getting Vim and Emacs support
- https://pragprog.com/titles/tvmelixir/adopting-elixir/ – Good quote from the “Adopting Elixir” book (published 5 years ago)
- https://elixirforum.com/t/elixir-saves-pinterest-2-million-year-other-marketing-examples/57909/14 – Elixir Saves Pinterest $2 million/year
- https://twitter.com/davydog187/status/1694768741467165147 – Tweet by Dave Lucia about what people can accomplish with Elixir and Phoenix in a short amount of time.
- https://twitter.com/geolessel/status/1695467313477173313 – Geoffrey Lessel shared observation that the timing page used by the World Cube Association is a Phoenix LiveView page.
- https://github.com/thewca/wca-live – Platform for running WCA competitions and sharing live results with the world created by Jonatan Kłosko
- https://twitter.com/AshFramework/status/1696257451857707295 – Ash Framework experiments with adding a new “atomics” feature.
- https://github.com/ash-project/ash/blob/main/documentation/topics/atomics.md – Atomics documentation and design
- https://twitter.com/ac_alejos/status/1695562511787983164 – Elixir gets a new Reinforcement Learning library named "Rein" for Nx.
- https://github.com/DockYard/rein – Rein project on Github
- https://fly.io/phoenix-files/star-cross-live-view-processes/ – Star-Crossed LiveView Processes about linking processes to solve UI design
- https://twitter.com/BjorklundVictor – on Twitter
- https://github.com/victorbjorklund/ – on Github
- https://genserver.social/victorbjorklund – on Fediverse
- https://victorbjorklund.com/ – Blog
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org