News includes José Valim's blog post about Elixir's "strong arrows" that expands on his keynote, the release of LiveView 0.20.0 with its myriad of updates and improvements, and a sneak peek into the upcoming Livebook features with a new "Authentication" section. Additionally, Wojtek Mach shares a success story using beammachine.cloud for a quick Erlang check, Sundi Myint shares a tip for 404 pages in LiveView when URLs are tweaked, and Lionel Aimerie demonstrates how to integrate Chart.js into Elixir Phoenix for visual impact in LiveView. All these, along with newly released ElixirConf videos, the upcoming SpawnFest contest, and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/171
Elixir Community News
- https://elixir-lang.org/blog/2023/09/20/strong-arrows-gradual-typing/ – Jose Valim's "Strong arrows - a new approach to gradual typing" post is published on the Elixir blog expanding on his keynote talk.
- https://twitter.com/theerlef/status/1706352873926430813 – Jose appears on the Software Unscripted podcast to talk about Gradual vs Static Typing.
- https://twitter.com/clarkware/status/1705263936491356325 – Mike Clark shares a CSS trick to display an empty state when rendering collections with a LiveView stream.
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1705297511408091627 – The release of LiveView 0.20.0 is announced.
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md – The detailed changelog of newly released LiveView 0.20.0.
- https://twitter.com/livebookdev/status/1705285257316983272 – A sneak peek into the upcoming Livebook features with a new sidebar section titled “Authentication”.
- https://github.com/livebook-dev/livebook/milestone/9 – Expectation of new features being a part of the upcoming v0.11 release of Livebook.
- https://twitter.com/wojtekmach/status/1705915941056323853 – Success story shared by Wojtek Mach using the site https://beammachine.cloud/ to quickly check some Erlang stuff.
- https://smartlogic.io/blog/phoenix-liveview-error-html-pages/ – Detailed blog post by Sundi Myint for showing 404 page when URL is tweaked to invalid ID in LiveView situations.
- https://firstname.lastname@example.org/integrating-chart-js-into-elixir-phoenix-for-visual-impact-9a3991f0690f – Lionel Aimerie's blog post about integrating Chart.js into Elixir Phoenix for visual impact in LiveView.
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqj39LCvnOWbHaZldxw_g02RaTQ4vQ1eY – Release of 5 more ElixirConf videos. Link to the video playlist.
- https://spawnfest.org/ – Reminder for SpawnFest, a 48-hour online software development contest starting on 2023-10-28.
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org