The latest news features a compelling blog post on the Dashbit blog focusing on the advances in Machine Learning with Elixir, intriguing tips on how to get the most out of ExDocs for offline browsing, and using a new Phoenix LiveView 0.20.x feature. Additionally, a transition story from Serverless to Elixir, resulting in significant cost savings, got attention and was shared by “Prime Reacts”, further spreading Elixir awareness. With more exciting announcements around ElixirConf 2023 Videos and the opening of proposals for CodeBEAM America 2024 and more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/172
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1709168365816700979 – José Valim's Tweet about the new "Machine learning roundup" post on the Dashbit blog.
- https://dashbit.co/blog/elixir-and-machine-learning-q3-roundup – The new post on Dashbit blog about "Elixir and Machine Learning" and the advances in libraries like Nx and Bumblebee.
- https://twitter.com/jadengis/status/1705434212399263982 – John Dengis shared a cool ExDocs tip for downloading all the docs for dependencies in your mix project.
- https://hexdocs.pm/hex/Mix.Tasks.Hex.Docs.html – A reference to the Hex.Docs, containing the commands for downloading libraries for your project and accessing offline versions.
- https://twitter.com/germsvel/status/1707710473796190372 – German Velasco shared a video demonstrating the use of debug Heex annotations in Phoenix LiveView 0.20.x
- https://medium.com/coryodaniel/from-erverless-to-elixir-48752db4d7bc – Blog post by Cory O'Daniel on transitioning from Serverless to Elixir, outlining the architecture and cost savings achieved.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGG2HMonQ1c – Twitch and YouTube personality, “Prime Reacts”, reacts to Cory O'Daniel's post and brings wider awareness to Elixir.
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1707767732270186595 – Chris McCord showcased a working Llama 2 running on GPU with Elixir/Bumblee/Phoenix in LiveView.
- https://gist.github.com/chrismccord/1f1d4ee6a2d609952d99b1b0a5ffa657 – A link to a Gist showing the details of running Llama 2 on GPU with Elixir/Bumblee/Phoenix in LiveView.
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqj39LCvnOWbHaZldxw_g02RaTQ4vQ1eY – Announcement of the upcoming release of ElixirConf 2023 Videos with 17 videos now online.
- https://codebeamamerica.com/#cft – Announcement for the call for proposals for talks for CodeBEAM America 2024 on March 7-8.
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Message the show on Fediverse - @ThinkingElixir@genserver.social
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- Mark Ericksen on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- David Bernheisel on Fediverse - @email@example.com
- Cade Ward - @cadebward
- Cade Ward on Fediverse - @firstname.lastname@example.org