We talk with host David Bernheisel about his Safe Ecto Migrations guide that was recently released. Intended as a resource for the community, it’s a 4-part series covering how Ecto migrations work, running migrations on production, provides a set of common-task recipes and strategies for migrating data in addition to DB structure. We discuss ideas around migrations like avoiding table locks on production, how to safely add DB check constraints, separating data migrations from structure changes, painful learning experiences and much more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/76
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/elixir-nx/nx/pull/558 – Implement hooks and tokens for Nx
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1463239485685129216 – José Valim's explanation and excitement for the Nx PR
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1462851686352015361 – Chris McCord teased a fully accessible Tailwind UI styled dropdown component along with something he's working on.
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1463605416861081602 – José shares what Philip Sampaio is doing with R&D towards precompiled NIFs
- https://twitter.com/philipsampaio/status/1463602239558270980 – Philip Sampaio is working on precompiled NIFs using Rustler
- https://www.empex.co/mtn – Empex Mountain Conference - Held in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 6th 2022 - CFP is open
- https://www.twitch.tv/josevalim – Advent of Code is getting started. Jose Valim will be live-coding solutions using Elixir on Twitch.
- https://elixirmix.com/68 – ElixirMix - Contributing to the Elixir Community with David Bernheisel & Cory Schmitt
- https://elixirmix.com/92 – ElixirMix - Managing Change with Ecto with David Bernheisel
- https://twitter.com/bernheisel – on Twitter
- https://github.com/dbernheisel – on Github
- https://bernheisel.com/blog – Blog
Find us online