We talk with Chase Granberry about Logflare. We learn why Chase started the company, what Logflare does, how it's built on Elixir, about their custom Elixir logger, where the data is stored, how it's queried, and more! We talk about dealing with the constant stream of log data, how Logflare is collecting and displaying metrics, and talk more about Supabase acquiring the company!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/78
Elixir Community News
- https://www.twitch.tv/josevalim – José Valim still live streaming Advent of Code solutions
- https://github.com/josevalim/aoc – Source code for his solutions.
- https://github.com/miladamilli/Advent_of_Code_2021/blob/master/day09.livemd#L103 – Others like Milada are sharing their solutions. She used VegaLite for graphing a solution.
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord/status/1468998944009166849 – Launch a new Elixir app on Fly.io in two commands!
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/pull/4609 – Chris McCord added
phx.gen.release --dockerin Phoenix 1.6.4 making it easier to deploy your Elixir app anywhere that uses Docker.
- https://community.fly.io/t/introducing-dashboard-logs-page/3371 – Fly.io LiveView dashboard added live streaming logs
- https://hex.pm/blog/hex-v1.0-released-and-the-future-of-hex – Hex v1.0 released along with a description for their roadmap and backward compatibility.
- https://twitter.com/elixirmembrane/status/1468941532589867017 – Membrane Framework introducing BEAMchmark
- https://twitter.com/ZachSDaniel1/status/1470512859629170688 – ElixirSense gets support for plugins
- https://github.com/ash-project/ash – ElixirSense feature driven by Zach Daniel of the Ash Framework
- http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/27 – Our earlier interview with Zach Daniel about the Ash Framework
- https://www.erlang-solutions.com/blog/twenty-years-of-open-source-erlang/ – Happy Birthday Open Source Erlang! 23 years ago!
- https://datastudio.google.com/u/0/reporting/1OiXkL1AOTJw4-dpudE1y_AGQc_mThGm-/page/kcvr?s=gIAFsUMbDS4 – When clicked “Backend Status (Elixir)”
- https://github.com/Logflare/logflare_logger_backend – Elixir Logger backend
- https://github.com/Logflare/logflare_erl – Erlang Logflare client
- https://www.loom.com/share/22ed1613d1f74c15b9beac88ee6705f9 – Supabase Logs & Logflare Endpoints
- https://supabase.com/blog/2021/12/02/supabase-acquires-logflare – Supabase acquires Logflare
- https://twitter.com/chasers – Chase on Twitter
- https://github.com/Logflare/logflare – Logflare on Github
- https://github.com/chasers – Chase on Github
- https://logflare.app – Logflare website
- https://supabase.com/blog – Supabase blog
Find us online