We talk with Chris McCord about the LiveBeats project he created. It’s a high-quality, showcase, open source project that highlights new and powerful features in LiveView. LiveBeats is a social music playing application that challenges current ideas about what LiveView is able to do. It uses presence, new JS features, defines reusable Tailwind styled components, includes accessibility and more! An exciting project that people can actually use in addition to being a great community resource. We also get into what’s coming out in Phoenix 1.7 that may interest people getting ready to start a new project!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/84
Elixir Community News
- https://news.livebook.dev/v0.5-flowcharts-custom-widgets-intellisense-and-ui-improvements-4FcvbG – Livebook 0.5 released blog post
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1483907938590810118 – José Valim's Twitter thread announcing the release
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1484915718223286276 – Livebook future release will include BEAM memory display on the sidebar
- https://github.com/mcrumm/live_upload_example/commit/8be00c0d451f94ad82860a9b85ab020092e2a8b7 – Michael Crumm shared his PR that updated the live_view_upload example to HEEx templates as an example
- https://www.empex.co/mtn – Empex MTN is Elixir conference in Salt Lake City, UT on May 6, 2022
- https://twitter.com/sorentwo/status/1478021043486928896 – Oban Pro feature makes it easy to get the result of an async job
- https://fly.io/blog/livebeats/ – Blog post by Chris where he talks about the project.
- https://github.com/fly-apps/live_beats – Source code for the project.
- https://livebeats.fly.dev/ – Visit the running hosted app.
- https://twitter.com/chris_mccord – on Twitter
- https://github.com/chrismccord – on Github
- http://chrismccord.com/ – Blog
- https://twitter.com/flydotio – Fly.io on Twitter
Find us online