We talk with Cocoa Xu about his PhD robotics project and his related Evision project that creates Elixir bindings to the OpenCV library. The project enables computer vision in Elixir much easier by building on existing projects. We learn about the kinds of features this enables and how it can target embedded devices as well. His goal of a clustered, collaborative, hoard of Elixir robots is terrifyingly fascinating! 😄
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/85
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/livebook-dev/livebook/pull/948 – New feature added to Livebook draws red squiggly lines under syntax errors.
- https://tecnoblog.net/noticias/2022/01/24/as-5-linguagens-de-programacao-mais-usadas-no-brasil-segundo-o-github/ – Elixir is the 5th most growing programming language in Brazil in 2021 on GitHub. Article in Portuguese.
- https://pragprog.com/titles/liveview/programming-phoenix-liveview/ – Updated version of the book "Programming Phoenix LiveView"
- https://twitter.com/akoutmos/status/1487545038632628245 – Inspired by episode 81 about "burrito", Alex Koutmos created a json terminal tool in Elixir
- https://gist.github.com/akoutmos/f14e0f719b4efbee2526858b34869004 – Alex shared a Gist so people can do this themselves
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/releases/tag/v1.13.2 – Elixir v1.13.2 with enhanced "mix format" support and more
- https://github.com/feliperenan/heex_formatter – New alpha state library is a HEEx formatter
- https://fly.io/blog/free-postgres/ – Hosting provider Fly.io announced free Postgres databases.
- https://github.com/cocoa-xu/evision/tree/main/examples – Usage examples that part of the repo
- https://cocoa-xu.github.io/evision/ – Online docs at the moment
- https://github.com/opencv/opencv – Open Source Computer Vision
- https://twitter.com/_uwu_cocoa – on Twitter
- https://github.com/cocoa-xu/ – on Github
- https://cocoa-research.works/ – Blog
Find us online