Stack Overflow Survey Results 2022
July 19th, 2022
39 mins 50 secs
About this Episode
We were surprised to see how well Elixir and Phoenix performed in the Stack Overflow survey results for 2022! Elixir came in as the #2 most loved language and Phoenix as the #1 most loved framework! And this was their first year appearing as official choices in the survey! We discuss what it means, what we can learn from it, how it compares to other languages and frameworks and what it may indicate for the future. We also discuss ideas to help support and grow the community.
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/108
Elixir Community News
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1544350119759212550 – José Valim's ElixirConf EU keynote is available online.
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvL2NEhYV4ZuuF39_A_DAh6IwIuh8K6gd – Playlist of other talks. As of this recording there are only 3 available.
- José promoted the 5-part series we did with him covering many of the Elixir releases over the past 10 years.
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/82 – Part 1
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/87 – Part 2
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/91 – Part 3
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/96 – Part 4
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/100 – Part 5
- https://twitter.com/samaaron/status/1544985753964482560 – The "Jab Ready" v4 of Sonic Pi was released.
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/106 – Our recent interview with Sam Aaron on the Sonic Pi project.
- https://github.com/sonic-pi-net/sonic-pi/releases/tag/v4.0.0 – v4 of the Sonic Pi
- https://twitter.com/yoooodaaaa/status/1544434779327811585 – Steve Bussey created a Chrome browser extension using LiveView
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1545160415042314241 – Livebook Pro idea is dropped. Pursuing an idea called Livebook Hub
- https://livebook.dev/ – Livebook site, register to be notified about Livebook Hub
- https://github.com/fuelen/ecto_erd – Ecto ERD docs updated. Works fine on umbrella projects.
- https://elixirforum.com/t/nerves-1-8-released/48887 – Nerves v1.8 released
- https://github.com/elixir-lsp/elixir-ls/blob/v0.10.0/CHANGELOG.md#v0100-10-june-2022 – ElixirLS v0.10.0 has been released
- https://blog.rustprooflabs.com/2022/07/postgres-15-unique-improvement-with-null – Postgres 15 adds a new UNIQUE NULLS NOT DISTINCT option
- https://twitter.com/AshFramework/status/1545501181308551168 – Ash Framework coming out of beta with revamped docs
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/27 – Interview with Zach Daniel about Ash Framework
- https://2022.elixirconf.com/registration – ElixirConf 2022 - hybrid conference. Aug 30+31 are training days - Sept 1+2 are conference days
Do you have some Elixir news to share? Tell us at @ThinkingElixir or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- https://survey.stackoverflow.co/2022/ – The Stack Overflow survey results for 2022
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1540252711626706944 – José Valim's thoughts on what the results meant
- https://twitter.com/brainlid/status/1542470805149319170 – Asking what others thought it meant.
Find us online
- Message the show - @ThinkingElixir
- Email the show - email@example.com
- Mark Ericksen - @brainlid
- David Bernheisel - @bernheisel
- Cade Ward - @cadebward