A new library in the Nx ecosystem under active development is called NxSignal by Paulo Valente. We talk with Paulo to learn what a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) is, how it works, and we touch on the kinds of problems it can solve. We learn about his involvement in Nx, where the library is going, and some unusual ways he's applied it. He also shares how he's using Nx Explorer in production to clean up and process financial data returned in a JSON API and much more!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/109
Elixir Community News
- https://asciinema.org/a/FYnQFc358WaL5uBfwZPoK5IRm – José Valim showed off a new Elixir.1.14 feature of line-by-line breakpoints demonstrated in IEx.
- https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/11974 – PR for initial Kernel.dbg/2 work
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/6144 – Implement new Erlang shell
- https://blog.rabbitmq.com/posts/2022/07/rabbitmq-3-11-feature-preview-super-streams/ – RabbitMQ gets a new feature called “Super Streams”
- https://github.com/elixir-grpc/grpc – Paulo Valente became the new maintainer of the Elixir gRPC library
- https://twitter.com/josevalim/status/1549091140246331399 – Livebook announcement. Cloud host or new Desktop option.
- http://livebook.dev – Livebook Desktop was launched
- https://github.com/polvalente/nx-signal – NxSignal project
- https://www.stone.co/ – Where Paulo Valente works
- https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/gibsons-self-tuning-guitar – Example of self tuning guitar with built-in DSP
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_NES_enhancement_chips#DSP – SNES DSP enhancement chips
- https://github.com/polvalente/grpclassify – His academic project for transcribing musical notes
- http://www.repositorio.poli.ufrj.br/monografias/monopoli10029831.pdf – The final project for his engineering degree that led him to get involved with Nx.
- https://grpc.io/ – gRPC project
- https://github.com/elixir-grpc/grpc – An Elixir implementation of gRPC
Find us online