We talk with Michael Crumm, the primary author of the Phoenix Live Dashboard, about a new project of his. He is working on a development toolbar that is rendered on your pages and helps profile performance, expose route info, show crash info and more. It’s called PhoenixProfiler and it ties into Telemetry events for data. While still early, it can be a great tool for teams. We also talk about another goal of his, to improve working with forms in LiveView!
Show Notes online - http://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/88
Elixir Community News
- https://github.com/J3RN/tree-sitter-gleam – Gleam gets tree-sitter support
- https://www.erlang.org/news/153 – Erlang/OTP 25.0-rc1, (Release Candidate 1)
- https://twitter.com/stfnlptk/status/1494329717259837443 – Speed improvements for compiling on M1 chips
- New ETS table option
- https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/4719 –
erlang:float_to_binary/2has new short option
- https://www.erlang.org/eeps/eep-0049 – Improved the JIT’s support for tools perf and gdb
- https://hexdocs.pm/ex_doc/readme.html#admonition-blocks – New "Admonition Blocks" feature added to ExDoc
- https://twitter.com/brooklinjmyers/status/1494813972750483457 – Brooklin Myers working on a Livebook "carousel" feature
- Ability to create custom Livebook controls using
- https://github.com/cocoa-xu/otter – Otter project - "Call C functions in a shared library without writing a NIF"
- https://podcast.thinkingelixir.com/85 – Interview with Cocoa
- https://github.com/mcrumm/phoenix_profiler – Phoenix debug toolbar profiler
- https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_dashboard – Live Dashboard project
- Michael Allen Crumm Jr.
- https://twitter.com/mcrumm – on Twitter
- https://github.com/mcrumm/ – on Github
Find us online